Fringe on Top radio show episode 2 by Jobartlett on Mixcloud
Originally broadcast on July 22nd 2014 on Chestnut Radio and this is what was played. Listen to Fringe on Top presented by me, Jo Bartlett every Tuesday on Chestnut Radio at 5pm in the UK and Noon if you’re in New Jersey (where the station is based)
1. Modern English ‘I Melt With You’
2. The Lotus Eaters ‘The First Picture of You’
3. Wye Oak ‘The Logic of Colour’
4. Feist ‘Cicadas and Gulls’
5. Headless Heroes ‘Just Like Honey’
6. Glaxie 500 ‘Victory Garden’
7. John Fullbright ‘The One That Lives Too Far’
8. John Murry ‘Photograph’
9. The Jim Carroll Band ‘Day and Night’
10. Miike Snow ‘Black and Blue’
11. Odisee ‘Paralyzed’
12. Joe South ‘Games People Play’
13. Alabama Shakes ‘Hang Loose’
14. Cold Specks ‘Winter Solstice’
15 The Album Leaf and Peter Broderick ‘Never Held A Baby’
16. Julia Lee and Her Boyfriends ‘Mama Don’t Allow’
This is the track listing of the first Fringe on Top radio show, presented by Jo Bartlett and broadcast on Chestnut Radio on July 15th 2014.
Here’s what was played:
1. ‘Forget’ Ben Watt
2. ‘Everything’s A Thread’ John Steel Singers
3. ‘Stars’ The Clean
4. ‘Guiding Light’ Television
5. ‘Thinking About A Friend’ Trans
6. ‘Stacks’ Bon Iver
7. ‘Slippy Sean’s’ Daimh
8. ‘Naive Response’ Daniel Avery
9. ‘Mirror Mirror’ Desire
10. ‘(I Am Always) Touched By Your Presence’ Blondie
11. ‘I Am The Cosmos’ Chris Bell
12. ‘Throwing Your Voice’ Damien Jurado
It was a blast! Tune in next Tuesday at 5pm and 10pm UK and 11am and 5pm New York / EST.
The first Fringe on Top radio show is presented by my good self and broadcast this evening (July 15th) at 5pm in the UK (or earlier if you are in New York, noon for you). This will be a regular show, every Tuesday.
Listen here: http://www.chestnutradio.com and let me know what you think!
I’m loving Bernard Butler’s new band.
I’m playing a solo gig on Tuesday (July 1st) as part of the City of London Festival in Devonshire Square near Liverpool Street Station, from 14:15 – 14:45. I’ll be playing in an upturned boat! I think I’m going to mainly play instrumentals (Yellow Moon Band etc) with a couple of songs thrown in for good measure.
Here’s a film Richard made of the last gig I played with the band a couple of weeks ago. Music is by Franz and his band, don’t think they have a name yet.
I like these guys. From Australia. Signed to Fire over here. They remind me of slacker indie like Camper Van Beethoven from the ’80s.